Covid secure adult education
Following the Government’s announcement on Tuesday 22nd February 2021, we have re-opened our campus to students from Monday 8th March. We are doing this using a staged approach for each course. We look forward to welcoming all our students.
We are a Covid-19 secure adult education college and comply with all government guidance on managing the risk of Covid-19.
This means we have done everything required by government to provide a safe learning environment for our staff, students and other visitors. We also provide covid test kits for all students and staff.
The health and safety of our staff, students and visitors, remains our top priority.
Download our Northern College Covid-19 secure certificate
We are also operating as a cashless college to maximise hygiene, minimise risk and increase the speed of service for our students. Therefore, we accept all major debit and credit cards for payments on site.
We are commitment to supporting our students to achieve and progress during these restrictions. We are currently offering a mixture of flexible virtual, on campus, residential and blended learning opportunities. You can view these here
The college also has a range of carefully planned methods in place to adapt and manage our teaching and learning, to ensure you can continue your studies. This includes being prepared to use blended learning (mixture of online and face-to-face teaching) for our courses, so we can respond and adapt to government guidance as needed to remain Covid secure.
We also offer free pastoral support to all our students, should they have any concerns or need advice.
Has your job been affected by Covid-19 restrictions? We are also offering a free virtual training and learning day to support you to refresh and restart your career. You can learn about this here
Here’s an overview of just some of the other measures we have put in place:
– We have carried out detailed risk assessments of the college’s site and our delivery. We monitor and review these on a regular basis.
– We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a two-metre distance on campus for staff and students
– All staff and students wear face coverings in communal areas (unless exempt)
– We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
– We have installed sanitising stations throughout the campus
– We provide students with Covid-19 home test kits when they study with us (includes short course students)
– We encourage students to take full advantage of the surrounding gardens and parkland, where practical, to enhance social distancing measures
– We have deep cleaned all our student accommodation
– We have re-arranged accommodations which share WC and shower facilities so all students all have separate facilities
– We have installed sneeze screens at key points of contact (eg reception and restaurant)
– We are also operating as a cashless college and have introduced a pre-paid contactless card system for meal payment
– We have reduced the number of visitors to ensure social distancing is maintained
– All catering staff have received Covid-19 servery training (Navitas training)
– We have removed self-service options from our restaurant, with condiments, cutlery and items being provided individually to guests