This course is for adults who want to develop their understanding of, and gain the skills commonly used in the digital world.
The qualification gives you the opportunity to develop an appropriate level of digital skills, to use digital devices and the internet, and to apply this knowledge and these skills in common situations. By improving your digital skills, you could unlock new job opportunities, as well as boost your confidence in using digital devices.
The five essential areas you will study are:
- communicating online
- handling information securely
- online transacting
- creating and editing digital documents
- staying safe and legal online
On completion of this course you will achieve an:
Entry Level 3 Essential Digital Skills Qualification.
If you are interested in developing your IT skills you can access this course as part of an 11 week programme to give you all the basic skills you will need.
What can this course lead to?
This course will support you to progress onto further short courses with us. Our Student Support Services team will work with you to design a personalised learning journey based on your needs and aspirations.
Course session dates
Session dates for 6 November 2023 - 21 November 2023
- Monday 06 Nov 2023 to Tuesday 07 Nov 2023
- Monday 13 Nov 2023 to Tuesday 14 Nov 2023
- Monday 20 Nov 2023 to Tuesday 21 Nov 2023
Session dates for 26 February 2024 - 12 March 2024
- Monday 26 Feb 2024 to Tuesday 27 Feb 2024
- Monday 04 Mar 2024 to Tuesday 05 Mar 2024
- Monday 11 Mar 2024 to Tuesday 12 Mar 2024
Session dates for 15 April 2024 - 30 April 2024
- Monday 15 Apr 2024 to Tuesday 16 Apr 2024
- Monday 22 Apr 2024 to Tuesday 23 Apr 2024
- Monday 29 Apr 2024 to Tuesday 30 Apr 2024
There is a short initial assessment to complete to show what level you are working at.