This course will introduce equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace. It will:
- highlight how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals
- outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination
- allow the learner to examine rights and responsibilities
- stress the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others
- provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
It will help learners to:
- raise their awareness of the issues surrounding equality and diversity
- apply this awareness through their actions in society, community and the workplace
The course is delivered over six weeks as a blended learning course, which involves both online and on campus study. This gives you the best of both worlds, so you can combine the benefits of flexible online learning with an adult education classroom experience. This gives you the opportunity to meet and work alongside like-minded and supportive peers.
You will attend college for the first two days of the course – you can stay with us residentially for these days.
You will then have prearranged phone/video call tutorials around week 2 and week 4. You can arrange extra ones with your tutor if required. During this time you will complete work and access your course information online.
You will then attend college again for the last two days of the course – you can stay with us again for these days too.
What can this course lead to?
This course would be helpful to anyone in the workplace and would be very helpful for people working in people-facing roles or in the community.
You can also progress to study other equality and diversity qualifications at a higher level, courses in education or social sciences.
Want to learn more?
You can find out more about Northern College and the courses on offer at one of our Open Events.
Course session dates
Session dates for 2 July 2022 - 24 July 2022
- Saturday 02 Jul 2022 to Sunday 03 Jul 2022
- Saturday 23 Jul 2022 to Sunday 24 Jul 2022
Course fees and funding support
If you are not eligible, there will be a cost of £362.00 plus an additional fee if you choose to stay over. The vast majority of students are eligible to study for free and we will confirm when you apply.