This course is for adults who want to develop their understanding of, ang gain the skills commonly used in the digital world.
The qualification gives you the opportunity to develop an appropriate level of digital skills, to use digital devices and the internet, and to apply this knowledge and these skills in common situations. By improving your digita skills, you could unlock new job opportunities, as well as boost your confidence in using digital devices.
The five essential areas you will study are:
- communicating online
- handling information securely
- online transacting
- creating and editing digital documents
- staying safe and legal online
This course will help you to gain a foundation for further advanced study onto the Essential Digital Skills Level 1 qualification.
What can this course lead to?
This course could lead to a further advanced Essential Digital Skills Level 1 qualification.
Want to learn more?
You can find out more about Northern College and the courses on offer at one of our Open Events.
Course session dates
Session dates for 8 June 2022 - 29 June 2022
- Wednesday 08 Jun 2022 to Thursday 09 Jun 2022
- Wednesday 15 Jun 2022 to Thursday 16 Jun 2022
- Wednesday 22 Jun 2022 to Thursday 23 Jun 2022
- Wednesday 29 Jun 2022 to Wednesday 29 Jun 2022
Course fees and funding support
This course is free of charge to anyone over 19 years old regardless of income who does not already have a Level 2 IT qualification.