The Functional Skills qualifications are based around skills needed for everyday life and to enable you to have the flexibility to problem solve using these skills. On this course, you will learn to use numbers and the number system, measure, shape and space, handle data, and solve mathematical problems and make decisions using maths at Level 2.
Maths qualifications at this level are required by many employers, further and higher education organisations. Join us at Northern College where you will be well supported by expert staff to achieve your goals , working alongside other students who are here for the same reason as you: to get the qualification they need to progress and succeed.
What can this course lead to?
Access to higher level study including Level 3 qualifications or entry to university. This qualification also makes you more competetive in the jobs market.
Want to learn more?
You can find out more about Northern College and the courses on offer at one of our Open Events.
Course session dates
Session dates for 2 November 2022 - 8 December 2022
- Wednesday 02 Nov 2022 to Thursday 03 Nov 2022
- Wednesday 16 Nov 2022 to Thursday 17 Nov 2022
- Wednesday 30 Nov 2022 to Thursday 01 Dec 2022
- Wednesday 07 Dec 2022 to Thursday 08 Dec 2022
Session dates for 22 March 2023 - 11 May 2023
- Wednesday 22 Mar 2023 to Thursday 23 Mar 2023
- Wednesday 19 Apr 2023 to Thursday 20 Apr 2023
- Wednesday 26 Apr 2023 to Thursday 27 Apr 2023
- Wednesday 10 May 2023 to Thursday 11 May 2023
Course fees and funding support
If you are not eligible, the cost of the course is £0.00. If you choose to stay residentially, and you are not eligible via the residential funding assessment, there will be an additional fee to pay. The vast majority of students are eligible to study and stay residentially for free and we will confirm when you apply.