This course will focus on 4 specific areas:
• counselling skills and personal development
• using sounselling skills
• counselling skills theory
• diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills.
This course would be suitable for individuals seeking a career change, undertaking voluntary work in a range of sectors, and will support progression to level 3 and level 4 qualifications for those who are thinking of training to be a professional counsellor.
The course is delivered over six linked sessions:
Session 1: Friday 6th - Sunday 8th May 2022
Session 2: Friday 13th - Sunday 15th May 2022
Session 3: Friday 27th - Sunday 29th May 2022
Session 4: Friday 10th - Sunday 12th June 2022
Session 5: Friday 17th - Sunday 19th June 2022
Session 6: Friday 1st - Sunday 3rd July 2022
You must be able to attend all six sessions to successfully complete the course
What can this course lead to?
This course could enable you to progress onto a Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills programme or a Level 3 Counselling Skills Diploma.
Want to learn more?
You can find out more about Northern College and the courses on offer at one of our Open Events.
Course session dates
Session dates for 24 June 2022 - 31 July 2022
- Friday 24 Jun 2022 to Sunday 26 Jun 2022
- Friday 01 Jul 2022 to Sunday 03 Jul 2022
- Friday 08 Jul 2022 to Sunday 10 Jul 2022
- Friday 15 Jul 2022 to Sunday 17 Jul 2022
- Friday 22 Jul 2022 to Sunday 24 Jul 2022
- Friday 29 Jul 2022 to Sunday 31 Jul 2022
Course fees and funding support
You may be eligible to study for free if you are unemployed, on certain benefits, or earn £17,374.50 a year or less. We can confirm when you apply or contact our Student Support Services team to learn more.