Are you thinking about university but want to work on your skills before applying to an Access course? Then this course could set you on the right path.
If you need a bit more time to think about what you want to do at university, to develop your study skills, or your confidence whilst getting back into education, this could be the right course for you.
You don’t need any qualifications to come on this course, but you do need to be determined to challenge yourself and work hard.
The Level 2 is accredited by the Skills and Education Group and will provide you with the skills you need to get to the next level of your education in a supportive and friendly atmosphere.
The Pre-Access course lets you have a go at a wide range of subjects at Level 2, alongside developing your study skills to prepare you for studying at level 3. You will study subjects such as Health Studies, mental health awareness, health psychology, ICT skills for study, sociology of health and human health and disease.
You will also get the opportunity to work on your English and study skills during the course, learning how to research and write academic essays and present information in a variety of formats.
When you complete this course, you will have a Level 2 Diploma in Progression, which can help you to get onto a Level 3 study programme, such as our Access to Higher Education course or even a foundation programme at a university.
What last year’s students thought about the course:
“This course has given me a broader and more critical outlook on life”.
“I have enjoyed all aspects of the course, everyone has been friendly, approachable and very accommodating especially if you have struggled, always there to help.”
“I really enjoyed doing the diploma, I have managed to push myself to limits that I thought I couldn’t.”
What can this course lead to?
A level 3 qualification such as our Access to Higher Education Diploma in Health Science Professions.
Potential future careers include but are not limited to Community Support Worker, Support Worker and Healthcare Support Worker.
Want to learn more?
You can find out more about Northern College and the courses on offer at one of our Open Events.
Course session dates
Session dates for 31 October 2022 - 24 May 2023
- Monday 31 Oct 2022 to Wednesday 02 Nov 2022
- Monday 07 Nov 2022 to Wednesday 09 Nov 2022
- Monday 14 Nov 2022 to Wednesday 16 Nov 2022
- Monday 21 Nov 2022 to Wednesday 23 Nov 2022
- Monday 28 Nov 2022 to Wednesday 30 Nov 2022
- Monday 05 Dec 2022 to Wednesday 07 Dec 2022
- Monday 12 Dec 2022 to Wednesday 14 Dec 2022
- Monday 09 Jan 2023 to Wednesday 11 Jan 2023
- Monday 16 Jan 2023 to Wednesday 18 Jan 2023
- Monday 23 Jan 2023 to Wednesday 25 Jan 2023
- Monday 30 Jan 2023 to Wednesday 01 Feb 2023
- Monday 06 Feb 2023 to Wednesday 08 Feb 2023
- Monday 20 Feb 2023 to Wednesday 22 Feb 2023
- Monday 27 Feb 2023 to Wednesday 01 Mar 2023
- Monday 06 Mar 2023 to Wednesday 08 Mar 2023
- Monday 13 Mar 2023 to Wednesday 15 Mar 2023
- Monday 20 Mar 2023 to Wednesday 22 Mar 2023
- Monday 27 Mar 2023 to Wednesday 29 Mar 2023
- Monday 17 Apr 2023 to Wednesday 19 Apr 2023
- Monday 24 Apr 2023 to Wednesday 26 Apr 2023
Course fees and funding support
The course fees are £994 but if you are on work-related benefits, you may be entitled to support. If you pay the full cost, it is possible to pay in instalments.
You can discuss this in detail with a member of our Student Services Team who can be contacted by phone on 01226 776000 or by email at email@example.com