Are you thinking about university but want to work on your skills before applying to an Access course? Then this course could set you on the right path.
You don’t need any qualifications to come on this course, but you do need to be determined to challenge yourself and work hard. Begin in May 2023 and once successfully completed, you can start your Access to Higher Education course in September 2023 – fast racking your way to University.
You will study subjects such as
- Health Studies
- Mental health awareness
- Health psychology
- ICT skills for study
- Sociology of health
- Human health and disease
Options to study Functional Skills English and Maths are available to add to your programme. (subject to timetabling)
You will also get the opportunity to work on your English and study skills during the course, learning how to research and write academic essays and present information in a variety of formats.
What can this course lead to?
A level 3 qualification such as our Access to Higher Education Diploma in Health Science Professions.
Potential future careers include but are not limited to Community Support Worker, Care Worker, Support Worker, Rehabilitation Worker and Healthcare Support Worker.
Course session dates
Session dates for 10 May 2023 - 21 July 2023
- Wednesday 10 May 2023 to Friday 12 May 2023
- Wednesday 17 May 2023 to Friday 19 May 2023
- Wednesday 24 May 2023 to Friday 26 May 2023
- Wednesday 07 Jun 2023 to Friday 09 Jun 2023
- Wednesday 14 Jun 2023 to Friday 16 Jun 2023
- Wednesday 21 Jun 2023 to Friday 23 Jun 2023
- Wednesday 28 Jun 2023 to Friday 30 Jun 2023
- Wednesday 05 Jul 2023 to Friday 07 Jul 2023
- Wednesday 12 Jul 2023 to Friday 14 Jul 2023
- Wednesday 19 Jul 2023 to Friday 21 Jul 2023