Advance your knowledge in Law and Criminology, the Police and Probation Service fields.
This course covers a range of subjects and specialisms relevant to Policing, Law and Criminology. Modules include:
- The Powers of the Police
- Law and Morality
- Crime and Deviance
- Psychology – Conformity and Obedience
- Psychology – Aggression
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
You will also complete a range of study skills modules and an independent research project to successfully develop the skills required for higher education.
This course would be appropriate for students wishing to move on to further study or work in Law and Criminology, the Police, Probation and Prison Service fields, Youth Justice, Victim Support, Criminal Justice or other related Psychology and Social Policy fields. This course will prepare you for degree level study, to take forward your new career.
Potential progression routes:
- BA (Hons) Professional Policing – a degree course designed to prepare you for a career in the fast-paced world of policing
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice – a degree course for those interested in a career in criminal justice or related organisations
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology – a degree course for those considering in working in health related or supporting services linked to the criminal justice system
Click here to visit the Course Information page.
Apply for the Access to Policing and Criminology here