This award prepares you for supporting learning in a range of settings for people aged 16 and over.
The qualification is useful for those wishing to try out the role and for others who have learning support as part of their work. It also provides an important stepping stone for those in related volunteer roles.
What does the qualification cover?
- The importance of learning for achieving personal goals and participating in life, learning and work.
- Different environments for learning support practice.
- The contribution of learning support in lifelong learning.
- How to work with learners and others to support lifelong learning in a range of settings.
- National and local policy, and regulatory requirements, related to learning support practice.
What could the course lead to?
This Award allows practitioners to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment in the learning support sector.
Students who successfully complete the course will have the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to apply for a Level 3 qualification in Learning Support Practitioners and ultimately continue with their studies into Higher Education.
What are the entry requirements?
Northern College starts where you are, building on your life skills and experience. You don’t need a formal qualification to begin your studies with us.
This course involves learning within college and some private study at home, which means you will need access to a digital or computer device and the internet.
The course costs £195
You may be eligible to study for free if you are unemployed, on certain benefits, or earn £17,004 a year or less. We can confirm when you apply or contact our Student Support Services team to learn more.