Still time to apply for our Access to Higher Education programme
“The Access to University programme is far superior to any studying I have done previously at another college; the support given is what elevates Northern College.”
“Great tutors and I loved being in such picturesque surroundings. What a beautiful place to learn.”
100 per cent pass rate (2018-19)
Northern College for Adults has a few remaining residential and non-residential places left on our level 3 Access to Higher Education courses starting from September 2021, to fast-track you to university.
Residential and non-residential places available at our campus in South Yorkshire. Each course starts in September and finishes in April or May. View each course link for more information.
These courses can support you in a range of new careers, including IT professional, social work, counselling, health and human sciences, psychology and media, the Police, probation and prison service fields, youth justice, victim support, adult nursing, midwifery, health and human sciences.
Why Choose Us?
- Study at a college designed only for adults
- 100 per cent pass rate for our Access to Higher Education courses (2018-19)
- Option to study as a residential student which is great preparation for moving onto university and gives you the time and space to focus on your studies
- Receive wrap-around support from staff specialising in adult education
- A welcoming and inclusive learning environment
- Over 500 acres of surrounding National Trust gardens and parkland free for you to explore during your studies
- We are rated as Outstanding by Ofsted
- We offer tailored support to reflect your needs as a student and you will have access to an on-campus Library and Learning Support Centre.
For level 3 courses, students under 24 may be eligible to study for free if they do not already have a full level 3 qualification (equivalent of two A-levels). Most students aged 24 and over cover the cost of our higher-level courses by applying for an Advanced Learner Loan. You may not need to pay the loan back if you take one of our Access to Higher Education programmes and go on to complete university degree afterwards. Further information, details and eligibility can be found at: www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/overview
Not quite ready to study at level 3?
We also support many students to gain the study skills they need at level 2. This includes our Level 2 Pre-Access Diploma (Health Professions, Level 2 Pre-Access Diploma (Social Studies), and various English, maths and digital qualifications you need to achieve your goals. We can provide you with guidance on most appropriate course level when you apply, or contact us to learn more.
Apply today here.