Following the launch of the Government guidelines this week, we wanted to update and reassure you about what this means for us, our College, and our students.
The safety of all our staff and students remains our number one priority. As a result, we are continuing to operate as normal, remotely, as a College. This means we will continue to develop and launch our new curriculum, take forward our business plan, support and engage our students to progress, and to recruit new students for our provision starting in September.
However, we have also made the difficult decision to postpone the re-opening of our campus until September – aligned with this new guidance. We will announce the official date, when Government guidance enables us to make it official and says it is appropriate to do so. We will continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds.
Ahead of this time, we are already working hard at the college to ensure that when we re-open, we comply with all safety guidance. We will not re-open until we are completely satisfied it is safe to do so.
Until our campus re-opens, we will also continue to:
- support our students remotely, to achieve and progress
- develop our infrastructure to meet rising demands for our services, anticipated as a result of increasing unemployment
- accept new students for our Maths and English programmes, Pre-Access courses, Access to Higher Education programmes in Humanities & Social Studies, Computing, and Healthcare Professions as well as our Teacher Education programmes – all starting from September 2020
- develop our curriculum based on regional and national need, the needs of adult learners, and to address skills gaps – details of exciting new courses will follow
- prepare a series of short virtual micro courses, including around employability, which we will launch in the Summer
- support adult communities whilst working remotely to upskill, progress and build their confidence to access adult learning to progress and gain employment – including adults in recovery
- take pride in our excellent achievement rates, with a 100 per cent pass rate for our Access to Higher Education provision, and achievement rates at Grade 4 or above for English and Maths GCSE 18% above the national average.
To take our work forward, we are currently planning a series of virtual open days to engage with potential new and existing students who are wanting to come to the college to study and progress. Information about these will be published on our website and social media channels, or you can sign up to our newsletter to learn more here
We are also in the process of developing a series of short virtual micro courses, including around employability, which we will launch in the Summer.
If you would like to speak to us about a course, your options are:
- Telephone 01226 776 000 where our reception team, working remotely, will be there to answer your call. They can also arrange a telephone appointment with our student services team.
- You can search for and apply for a course online via our website here – This is easy to do and will help us to process your application quickly.
Again, we want to take this opportunity to stress that we are already working hard at the college to ensure that when we re-open, we comply with all safety guidance. We will not re-open until we are completely satisfied it is safe to do so.
Take care, and stay safe.
We look forward to seeing you at the other side of the rainbow.