Following the Government’s announcement on Tuesday 22nd February 2021, we are planning for a phased reopening of our campus to students from Monday 8th March. We will do this using a staged approach for each course.
The safety of our students and staff continues to be our top priority and we remain a Covid-secure campus. This means we comply with all government guidance on management the risks of Covid-19, in addition to now providing on-site Covid-screening for all students and staff.
You can read about this and view our Covid-secure certificate here: https://www.northern.ac.uk/about-us/covid-19-information/
What does this mean for you?
This means you can now apply for one of our exciting courses being delivered on campus. This also includes fantastic new courses offered residentially in our grade 1 listed building, Wentworth Castle, set in over 500 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland.
You can learn new skills to gain employment, progress, or make a career change. Why not join us and study with like-minded peers, away from the pressures of everyday life.
We have a range of provision starting soon, including:
- a series of new fast-track week-long residential High Intensity Training (HIT) training courses alongside other shorter courses focused on digital skills, work skills, English and maths
- courses to help you to get employment ready, retrain, or to start your own business
- courses in teaching, Trade Union studies, community leadership and development courses, and for working in the voluntary and community sector
- fast-track access to university courses for careers in healthcare, policing and criminology, computing, humanities and social care – you can apply now for these courses starting in September 2021.
View these at www.northern.ac.uk
You don’t need any qualifications to apply, and you can receive free advice and guidance on other courses and opportunities for progression. We can also advise you about funding support (eg if you are unemployed or on a low wage) and other funding options; for eligible students.
How do I apply?
- Telephone 01226 776 000 where our reception team will be there to answer your call and deal with any enquiries you may have.
- Search for and apply for a course online via our website northern.ac.uk
- We are also holding a series of free virtual open days. Learn more here.
Why study a Northern College?
✅Residential accommodation available
✅Acres of National Trust gardens and parkland to explore
✅Outstanding pass rates for 2019/20
✅Wrap around support
What does our re-opening mean for existing students?
Our Level 2 Pre-Access to Higher Education, Level 3 Access to Higher Education, and GCSE English and maths students returned to campus from Monday 8th March.
Further details will be provided for other returning students in due course.
We are continuing to enforce our Covid-safety measures for everyone, including the wearing of face coverings, social distancing, regular hand washing and one-way systems.
Here is reminder of what we all need to continue to do to keep each other safe:
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Maintain social distancing
- Always wear your face covering outside of the classroom in the College buildings
- Ensure you are familiar with what to do if you ever have symptoms, by reading our COVID-19 flow chart.
You can also access a COVID-19 symptoms checker alongside a range of useful NHS guidance here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We also offer free pastoral support to all our students, should they have any concerns or need advice.