Still time to apply for our Career Advancement programmes
- “The Access to University programme is far superior to any studying I have done previously at another college; the support given is what elevates Northern College.”
- 100 per cent pass rate for Access to Higher Education (2018-19)
Northern College for Adults is working with partners across South and West Yorkshire, and beyond, to support adults to re-enter education and transform their lives through its career advancement programmes. This includes an exciting new range of courses and places on its level 3 Access to University, and Business and Enterprise programmes, starting in September. Would your organisation like to get involved?
The college has a few remaining residential and non-residential places left on its nine-month fast-track level 3 Access to Higher Education courses, and level 3 Business and Enterprise programmes. Funding support is available which will help adults you support to upskill, make a career change, gain new employment or access university.
Its fast-track Access to Higher Education courses include:
- Humanities and Social Science
- Health Science Professions
- Policing and Criminology (new course)
Potential new careers for adults include computer sciences, games software development, IT professional, social work, counselling, health and human sciences, psychology and media, the Police, probation and prison service fields, youth justice, victim support, adult nursing, midwifery and health.
If students are not quite ready for level 3, Northern College also supports them to gain the study skills they need at level 2, alongside entry level courses. This includes our Level 2 Pre-Access Diploma (Health Professions, Level 2 Pre-Access Diploma (Social Studies), and various English, Math’s and digital qualifications they may need to achieve their goals.
In addition, the College has also launched two new exciting fast-track level 3 courses focused on management, business and enterprise, for adults. These are:
- Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge: 9 October 2021 – 6 March 2022 (delivered over nine weekends on a residential basis).
- Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Business and Enterprise: 13 October 2021 – 12 May 2022 (non-residential taking place every Wednesday and Thursday on campus during the day).
Next steps to work with us to support adults to transform their lives through education:
- Signpost adults to our new course information page:https://www.northern.ac.uk/start/ and encourage them to contact us on 01226 776000 for a chat with our friendly team
- Showcase our video about our Business and Enterprise programmes to adults you support, alongside detail of our Access to Higher Education and level 3 Business and Enterprise courses starting soon
- Encourage adults to sign up to one of our virtual or on-campus open events: https://www.northern.ac.uk/contact-us/virtual-open-events/ and free e-newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/91d9266d8f90/northerncollege about re-turning to education as an adult.
If you would like us to talk to your organisation or adults you support about studying at Northern College, contact us on 01226 776000 or email email@example.com and we will be more than happy to speak with you.