We can also provide training for your workforce. Investing in your staff is one of the most effective ways of motivating and retaining your workforce. Education and training is a great investment and will support the development of each individual, supporting them to succeed within their role. This can help boost productivity and aid staff retention.
For example, Covid-19 has presented challenges that have changed the way in which we work and demanded a new wave of digital expertise and enhanced skills in other areas. In response, we have developed a new digital learning programme focused on essential skills. Examples include basic digital skills and how to use Microsoft teams.
How will training benefit my organisation?
- improved ability for your organisation to implement and achieve its strategic goals
- increased staff morale, retention, and reduced absence
- increased productivity, profitability, and quality
- greater ability to respond to change and opportunities for succession planning
- excellent customer service and reputation
- enhanced staff knowledge of digital applications to boost productivity and for remote learning (eg Microsoft teams)
- staff with new skills can take on more diverse tasks in their role.
Why train at Northern College?
Our unique adult learning environment ensures a calm learning environment with plenty of space, to achieve your learning goals. Our learning programmes are high quality and delivered in a variety of different ways according to your needs and programme requirements. We can deliver a flexible programme which includes:
- classroom-based learning in college
- training on your own premises
- a blended course which is a combination of classroom-based learning and some online work to study at home or in the workplace.
You can also take advantage of the beautiful gardens and parkland surrounding Northern College for a bespoke training or team building day using the outdoor classroom.
These delivery methods are not exhaustive, and we are happy to negotiate the best approach for you and your business.
What we offer
Your employees can benefit from a new government scheme means we can offer a range of new digital qualification for free to all eligible adults aged 19 and over. Could your organisation benefit?
We also have a range of courses to develop digital skills in employment and boost your productivity, including:
- Introduction to Microsoft 365
- Introduction to Microsoft Teams
- Digital Work skills
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
We also provide a range of personal development opportunities to support the development of the professionalism of your team:
Leading and managing teams
- Introduction to Leadership and Team Skills
- Practical Team Leader Skills
- Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge
Wellbeing at work
- Understanding Stress
- Mental Health First Aid
- Get Active: The health benefits of exercise
English and Maths
We also offer courses in English and Maths. In the UK, it has been highlighted that 16.4% of adults have poor literacy skills (The National Literacy Trust research) and 49% of adults have the numeracy skills of a primary school child (The National Numeracy 2019 Impact Report). Northern College delivers a range of English and maths courses and qualifications up to Level 2 (GCSE), building the skills, knowledge, and confidence of our students.
Your business is unique, with a range of specific needs and requirements. We understand this and can work with you to develop a unique programme that fits your workforce to ensure success and growth.
To book a bespoke course, or have any other enquiries complete the contact form.
To become an employer partner, complete the Northern College Partner Contact form by following the link: https://tinyurl.com/EmpNC
To discuss further contact the Northern College marketing and partnership team: Telephone: 01226 776000
Northern College for Adults
Wentworth Castle, Stainborough, Barnsley S75 3ET
Tel: 01226 776000