Are you teaching, or would like to teach, adults or young people over the age of 16 years? Do you desire to use your skills to help people change the world in some way? Then this course could be for you.
The course is for anyone wanting to teach people over the age of 16.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers and trainers in the further education and training skills sector. This includes:
- the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- assessment of learners
- facilitating learning and development for individuals and groups
- understanding the principles and practices of assessment.
This is not a teaching qualification. To become a teacher or tutor you will need to continue to study to at least level 5. However, with this qualification, some employers will employ you as an unqualified teacher or tutor if you have industry experience and allow you to do your level 4 and 5 qualifications whilst you are teaching.
To teach in the post 16 sector, you will usually be expected to have at least a level 3 qualification in the subject you want to teach, level 2 qualifications in maths and English and good digital skills.
If you are studying this course online you will need to ensure you have the technology required to join the teams call with both voice and camera capabilities in order to meet the course requirements.
If you do not have your level 2 qualifications (Level 2 Functional Skills, GCSE grades C/4 and above), you can study for them here at Northern College in a flexible way for free.
On completion of this course, you will achieve:
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Course session dates
Session dates for 22 June 2023 - 7 July 2023
- Thursday 22 Jun 2023 to Friday 23 Jun 2023
- Thursday 29 Jun 2023 to Friday 30 Jun 2023
- Thursday 06 Jul 2023 to Friday 07 Jul 2023
Session dates for 27 April 2023 - 9 May 2023
- Thursday 27 Apr 2023 to Friday 28 Apr 2023
- Thursday 04 May 2023 to Friday 05 May 2023
- Tuesday 09 May 2023 to Tuesday 09 May 2023
Session dates for 25 May 2023 - 15 June 2023
- Thursday 25 May 2023 to Friday 26 May 2023
- Thursday 08 Jun 2023 to Friday 09 Jun 2023
- Thursday 15 Jun 2023 to Thursday 15 Jun 2023