This course will raise awareness of the issues surrounding mental health such as: what is mental health and what causes mental health difficulties? The course will dispel some of the myths and misconceptions linked to mental health issues and will enable you to develop a knowledge of the rights of those with mental health issues and where appropriate support can be accessed.
What can this course lead to?
This course would enable you to progress onto other Level 2 courses in this area.
Want to learn more?
You can find out more about Northern College and the courses on offer at one of our Open Events.
Course session dates
Session dates for 7 November 2022 - 28 November 2022
- Monday 07 Nov 2022 to Monday 07 Nov 2022
- Monday 14 Nov 2022 to Monday 14 Nov 2022
- Monday 21 Nov 2022 to Monday 21 Nov 2022
- Monday 28 Nov 2022 to Monday 28 Nov 2022
Session dates for 16 March 2023 - 24 March 2023
- Thursday 16 Mar 2023 to Friday 17 Mar 2023
- Thursday 23 Mar 2023 to Friday 24 Mar 2023
Session dates for 10 March 2023 - 12 March 2023
- Friday 10 Mar 2023 to Sunday 12 Mar 2023
Course fees and funding support
If you are not eligible, the cost of the course is £75.00. If you choose to stay residentially, and you are not eligible via the residential funding assessment, there will be an additional fee to pay. The vast majority of students are eligible to study and stay residentially for free and we will confirm when you apply.