Once again its congratulations and very well done to all our GCSE adult students. 100 per cent of them have achieved grade 4 or higher (equivalent to grade C or above).
This marvelous achievement is a testimony to their hard work and to the commitment, and effort of the tutors and support staff at Northern College.
Northern College runs English and Maths courses for adults, to support them to re-enter education to gain employment, retrain or access university. These run at flexible times to suit learners’ needs, including during the day and at weekends.
Satisfaction rates for all courses are high, with excellent feedback.
GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade 4 or above are considered to be the ‘gold standard’ for English and Mathematics qualifications for entry into University and by employers. This achievement gives adults a competitive edge when applying for jobs, as well as supporting them in their studies.
Many adults can also study for free. This is because GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications in English and Maths are free to anyone who doesn’t already have either a GCSE grade 4 (C grade), or a Level 2 in the specific subject. This means that the Government will fund English and maths studies for adults until they achieve either of these grades regardless of your age, or whether or not you are in work.
Recent comments received from students include:
- “I think if you like the teacher then you will enjoy a course, however difficult the work. The tutor put so much effort into making his students feel comfortable and relaxed.. At the same time, he somehow manages to get the students through so much work and gives everyone who needs it his individual attention.
- He is extremely dedicated and supportive. and I think the fact that so many students have stuck out the GCSE Maths course through some very difficult times is largely down to him.”
- “The tutor for GCSE English has gone above and beyond for all of us. This has enabled me to reach for a higher grade than I initially thought.”
- “I really found the course interesting and different from any other English I’ve previously done.”
- “The tutor was excellent all round. The lessons were all really well structured and explained so we knew what was happening and when.”
Now the results have been received, there are plenty of opportunities for progression onto other courses at the College. Visit here to see the range of courses that are on offer. Once again well done to all our students on their great success!